This is a sponsored post written by me and all opinions are 100% mine.
Can you believe that summer break is almost over and school will be starting soon. If you are like me and have already been through the transition of summer break to back to school then you know it can be hard. This year is a last and first for me.
Love Starts Kindergarten!
Yes, my last little one will be off to school this year. She is my last baby cub and first girl going off to big kid school. It is really important to me that she has a morning routine that is easy and simple for her.
When thinking about morning routines, think about your child. At this point I know Love needs a little push to get going in the morning. She does not like getting out of bed. I secretly thinks she is already a teenager in a five-year old body. I know that her routine needs to be broken down into small, simple, actions steps.
5 Easy Morning Back to School Tips for Building a Great Morning Routine:
- Easy Wake Up Motivation Plan – Love has an infinite love for music (especially Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston). I plan on playing her music to ease her out of bed and get her excited about her day. This has been a life saver on mornings we needed her to get up and moving with a good attitude.
- Affirmations – Saying morning affirmations has been a part of every morning routine we have had. This is important because it allows her to go into her day with positive words and thoughts that she can repeat through out the day.
- Nutrition – What’s for breakfast? This is important because she will need fuel to start her day. Most of our morning food consist of fruit, oatmeal, or a quick smoothie. This will hold her over until lunch where she will have a variety of different vegetables and fruits.
- Getting Dressed – This is the easiest part of the morning routine. I actually prepare all school outfits on Sunday so that it is simple and easy for her to pick out what she wants to wear. This year she will be wearing uniforms so I will have a combination of pants and dresses for her to choose from.
- Personal Care – From washing her face, maintaining her hair, to brushing her teeth is a top priority.
We use natural personal care products to get ready each day. We have been using Tom’s of Maine Silly Strawberry™ Fluoride Free Toothpaste for years.
Tom’s of Maine has partnered with the Kids in Need Foundation to make sure all kids are prepared for school with having essential school supplies. So when you choose any of Tom’s of Maine products you are contributing to helping a child start school with the supplies they need.
With the transition of summer break into a new school year hopefully these tips will help you get a morning routine together. Remember to make it simple, easy, and positive. Also adjustments may be needed depending on what works and what does not work.
Here’s to a successful school year!