It is time that I am honest with myself, I’ve fallen off my plan and gained weight. It is time for me to get back on track. I never intended to stay out of the gym this long. I did not want to go back to my bad eating habits. But I did and now I am here trying to get back my focus and my motivation. So if you are like me who needs to find your life and get back on track I have listed some tips I plan on using to get recommitted to my healthy lifestyle journey.
- Don’t be to hard on yourself – This is key for me. I tend to be extra hard on myself to the point of disappointment and which leads to me giving up. I have to learn to be patient with myself and have forgiveness when things don’t go perfect.
2. Set realistic goals – Know what exactly you want. How do you want to look or feel. Once you know those two things set your goals. I know that I will stick to working out 7 days a week, so I set the goal to work out 3-4 times a week. I know that I like to eat out for lunch most days, so I set the goal to bring lunch 2-3 days a week. The main thing is to know yourself and your limits.
3. Plan – Now that you have set your goals it is time to plan. I like to plan out by weeks. I use my planner to write down what I have going on and I can add my workout scheduled. I have tried to incorporate what days I will eat out, and possible lunch ideas. I also like to write down exactly what exercises I will do each day.
4. Recognize your excuses – I am a pro at making excuses to avoid working out. I will find a way to put my kids or family needs before taking the time out to workout. I also know that I eat out of convenience, so I have to make sure when I do eat out that I am still making healthy choices.
5. Remember your why – This is an important way to stay motivated. WHY? I want to look good and when I am healthy I feel so much better. This is my why, to look good and feel good.
6. Get Support – Finding someone to give you a push when you are don’t want workout, or to have someone to talk to when that third doughnut is calling your name. I have a good support system already in place including my husband and my coworkers.
Using the tips above I am sure I can get back on track to living my best life. Have you fallen on track? What helped you jump back into the game? Have some tips you can share? Comment below.
Peace & Blessings