All of my kids protect different parts of me… and you are my heart protector. Yep, you make sure momma is good within. You care about my heart and my feelings.
Tyriq: How was your day today?
Tyriq: What did you do today?
You initiate this conversation when I pick you up from school. This really makes me feel good and shows how much you care.
My goal as a mother was to raise kind, generous, loving humans….and at 10 years old you have shown me that my goal is being accomplished.
When Love came you became the big brother and gave up some things and time with me. You have never complained. You protect her and it is just amazing to witness your love for her. You are an amazing big brother.
I’ve noticed that you are getting taller and your feet are getting bigger. You still enjoy holding my hand in public and you glow when it is just us two (I hope that never ends). You remember to hold the door open and you are my household runner when I need things from around the house.
I love your curiosity in learning new things.
I love your kindness that you have with your sisters/brothers.
I love that you are easygoing and carefree.
I love that you still like to do boy things.
I love that almost every pair of your shoes stay dirty and are always untied.
I love that you give freely and forgive easily.
I love the way you love and protect me.
As you enter your 10th year… here are some reminders for you:
1. Believe in yourself – Just believing you can do whatever you set forth in your mind will make you great. Don’t worry about what others think of you. Become your biggest fan.
2. Make the world better – This can be as small as smiling at a classmate who is having a bad day, or sharing a treat with a friend. Simple small acts of good.
3. Worry about yourself – Remember never to compare yourself with others. The only thing you should do is to try to be better than you were yesterday.
4. Do your best at everything (yes even the small task) – I mean everything or don’t do it! Keep challenging yourself to do better and be your best.
5. Have an attitude of gratitude (show appreciation) – When you are grateful for the things you have you will attract the things you want. Every day is a reason to have appreciation.
6. Always tell the truth (ALWAYS)/Take Responsibility for your actions – This is something we talk about now. No matter what the risk or consequences are always tell the truth and take responsibility for your actions.
7. Be generous with your love – Continue to give love freely without any expectations of getting it back in return (and be ok with that). Remember love is freedom.
8. Stay silly – Keep that funny nature you have, continue to laugh until it hurts and share that joke. Show off that dimple that I love so much.
9. Respect – Have respect for everyone. Remember everyone is different, with different life experiences. Give the same respect you would want.
10. I believe in you/ I love you – Remember I love you and I believe in you. I will always be there in the shadow rooting for you, supporting your choices and decisions. Trusting in you and your dreams. I believe in your greatness and know that you will achieve anything you want.
I am very proud you to be your mom and help you through this journey of life. I love watching you grow into this magnificent young man, brother, and son.
Peace & Blessings